School libraries are designed to function and operate as an integral part of the educational program at all levels. They maintain their specific identity in fulfilling the academic requirements of the students. Hence, some norms have been formulated for the smooth functioning of the library.
1. Maintain ABSOLUTE SILENCE. No group studies.
2. Reference books cannot be taken out of the library.
3. To issue a book you must have an IDENTITY CARD.
4. Only ONE book is allowed for a week. You can re-issue the same book for another week if no one has made a request for the same book for another week. However, you should return the book immediately, if the librarian asks for it.
5. If the book is not returned on the due date, a fine of 1/- PER BOOK PER DAY WILL BE CHARGED.
6. Books lost must be REPLACED, books damaged will be CHARGED.
7. You are allowed to issue books for YOURSELF ONLY. Students are not permitted to lend books issued to them, to any other student or an outsider.
8. Check the book before issuing and ensure that it is in GOOD CONDITION.
9. Keep your bags and water bottles outside the library.
10. Handle the books carefully and keep them back in their SPECIFIED LOCATION.
11. Students are not permitted to enter the library with their PERSONAL TEXTBOOKS.
12. Duplicate Library cards will be issued on payment of 10/-.
FOLLOW THE RULES
MAINTAIN DISCIPLINE IN THE LIBRARY
ALL THESE WILL HELP YOU TO USE THE LIBRARY AT ITS BEST